Sunday, November 27, 2011

Absolute Crooks vs the lesser crooks.

"Colorum" vans make our lives easier.  I'm one of the many commuters taking advantage of this convenience you can find anywhere, everywhere.  I commute fr cavite to makati everyday,I can choose not to and drive instead, but I don't.
Gas prices skyrocketing almost every month, toll gate to and fro, parking fees, heavy traffic all over the place - it just doesn't make any sense.  Its not worth the bother. 
Anyway, what do I really want to write here... Hmm. Colorum shuttles, convenience or not? Crime or not? From the way I see it, its more an advantage for everyone, not just me. Advantageous to the commuters, the operators, drivers and most of all the crooked MMDA! 
Agree? It's given how these "illegal" means of transportation have made its mark in our everyday routine. Making 2.5 hrs driving more like 1.5 hrs commute. It saves you time, Effort, gas and more importantly hard earned moolah.  As for the operators, drivers - it's honest business. Just imagine the fare rate for one person - 70p, not bad, not bad at all! I tell u... Its all worth it! 
Now let's go to the most interesting character in this discussion and benefactor to this transportation industry. The MMDA/LTO! It's been a part of life for these drivers evading and trying to avoid getting caught and ticketed by these so called "traffic enforcers" or "traffic aides". Its funny how this turned out a wild goose chase. Everyday they chase colorums and yet there's thousands operating still. 
The funny part is the MMDA/LTO's moves and/or operations are read by the colorums!  They just know where these fools are. They even know the exact time, car number and personnel doing the check point! 
clipartguide.com
Haha! Kudos to the colorums and kudos to the MMDA too! 
Someone just pulled the rug from under you! Guess who? Your fellow sleepers! They're just doing their job or are they? The way I see it, they're playing their authority to the hilt. Okay... 
How many times have you seen a colorum get stopped and "reprimanded" for traveling by a traffic enforcer? Too many times. So how come they're still on it? MONEY! Money talks my friend. It's all about the money! Its the universal language for them enjoying in authority. 
They're playing us for fools. And guess what? We're actually playing along with them. Don't tell me they don't have any idea where the terminals are for these operators? Come on! You can find them on major roads loading in their patronizers like me. 
So, realistically and technically speaking, both sides are breaking the law here. What we're talking about now is who's the lesser evil, who does more benefit and who does more damage! 
I'd say these "cops" do the more damage than aid. As for the colorum guys, we love you all and you're doing a good work. But please, if you can, get yourselves "legalized", do so! 
I've been hearing stories how these LTO crooks are making it difficult for operators to get franchises. Under the table is how they want it done. Asking for extra "sliders". I heard per franchise is 40k? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Now what's and how much is on top of that is the question. Some ends up being told to pay for a huge amount in hundreds of thousands so some actually pays it playing alongside the crooked system.  
See how they manipulate the system? They don't let the colorums get their permits and then wait for them on the streets where they'll make arrangements of monthly income with them. 
If only Honest to goodness set up will be followed here in our country, there'll be no offenders! But no - what am I talking about?? Am I even from here?? Come on, wake up! its all about the moolah! 
So what can I say? For the colorums - Keep it up, you're doing us a favor and for the above the law crooks - more damage, that's what it is you're giving us. So keep it up as well, you're doing us a favor too!

No comments:

Post a Comment